The Challenge5498 followers
Parliament & Citizens : a platform to co-design lawsParliament & Citizens is a transparency and collaboration tool that allows representatives to involve citizens in drafting their bills. The platform propose a new way for citizens to involve in legislative process by co-designing laws.
- Is the project already developed?
This first experimentation is so conclusive that we aim to translate, document and open source code in order to continue and accelerate the developpement of the platform worldwide.
- Who founded the project? How is it funded?
Parliament & Citizens is designed an developed by SmartGov, a small french 5 person non-governemental and non-profit organization dedicated to OpenGov and located in Paris.
We also gather and conduct a french-speaking group about OpenGov. This group called "Démocratie Ouverte" (Open Democracy) has members in Canada, Europe and Africa (french speaking countries). It aims to translate and adapt OpenGov concept in French and to promote and support projects in that commit to transparency, openness and participation.
- Why do we need financial support?
The funds we hope to raise will be spent to have the more effective impact on democracy opening ...and to guide the political system by helping the well doing politicians, rather than fighting against the others.
- More details about the innovative process:
- Each representative can use the platform by publishing a "subject" dedicated to become a bill (law proposition). The first step is to present this subject with a video and a detailed online description.
- Once the subject is published, every citizen is invited to participate. Comments and color vote allows participants to give a feedback to the representative. Everyone can also make new proposals and give ideas to build a better bill.
- A crowdsourcing step enables data and sources to be collected to document the subject.
- Our team analyzes all contributions and publish a detailed overview.
- A filmed debate is organized with the representative and a selection of participants: those whose contributions were most liked on the platform and drawn participants.
- After all this collaborative process, the representative write the bill and publish it on the platform with an instructive video to explain there choices.
- The last step enable citizens to support the co-designed bill on social networks and to their own representatives.
What is your project? [1 sentence max]
Where are you located?
Possibly every country, state or local government in the future.
How did you hear about the contest?
- Word of mouth